Terms and Conditions
1) This document contains all the terms upon which: (a)The purchaser offers to purchase the building works and product described overleaf from the Company and (b) The Purchaser and the Company will contact in the event of acceptance of this offer by the Company
No variation of this offer or such contract or the specified works shall have effect unless agreed in the writing under the signature Of a duly authorsied officer of the company
(2) The purchaser shall grant the company’s representatives access to the premises at all reasonable times for the purposes of taking measurements, of carrying out the works forming the subject of the contract and for any subsequent remedial work if required
(3) The purchaser named overleaf has the right to cancel the offer hereby made to Property Improvement Centre Ltd within 7 days from the date of the offer (see over) cancellation must be effected by sending a written notice of cancellation by recorded delivery to the below notes address.
(4) As soon as practicable following receipt of this offer by the company the company will arrange for detailed measurements of the proposed works at the purchasers property to be taken by a representative of the company so that the company may satisfy itself of:
(a) The appropriateness of the price specified overleaf and
(b) The technical viability of the works
(5) Until the company has been given a reasonable opportunity of taking such measurements and for a period of 14 days thereafter this order shall, subject to the rights of cancellation set out at paragraph 3 hereof, be irrevocable but the company may, in its sole discretion, accept such offer by intimating acceptance therefore to the purchaser at any time until the expired of the said period of the 14 days from taking of the said measurements. Therefore the company reserves the right to cancel the contract only in the event of unsatisfactory credit references being obtained in respect of the Purchaser
(6) Upon cancellation this offer in accordance with paragraph 3 or in the event that the company do not accept the same in accordance with paragraph 5 any deposit paid shall be returned.
(7) Without prejudice to its right claim damages for breach of contract, the company may in its sole discretion in appropriate cases a fee to the cancellation of an order which a purchaser has no right to cancel upon payment to the company of all expenses incurred by its prior to the installation & after 14 days all deposit are non-refundable
(8) Representatives and showroom samples and photographs are used to demonstrate a typical unit and its composition. No guarantee is given that the units supplied will conform precisely to the sample. Units shown in the schedule overleaf will be measured by the company technical surveyor for the purpose of the manufacture and will be manufactured in the way considered suitable by the company and pursuant to make any necessary modifications. Measurements made by the company sales representatives are approximate and used for the purpose of calculating the price specified overleaf only. The company reserves the right to make minor alternations to the specification of the product and installations described overleaf.
(9) All glass used is the best available but the company accepts no liability in respect of glass breakages that are due to the fault or neglect of the customer or a third party. Glass manufactures will not give a guarantee covering minor imperfections or shade variations and consequently the company is not liable hereunder for any such imperfections or shade variations.
(10) Unless otherwise specified in writing the company will not undertake the resisting of any gas, electrical, wiring, plumbing or telephone installations. Suitable arrangements should be made by the purchaser for any such works to be carried out prior to the commencement of the work required under the terms of the contract.
(11) If the works specified are not completed within the delivery period quoted to the purchaser the purchaser may serve written notice on the company by recorded delivery requiring that the works be completed within a reasonable period, being in any event not less than 6 weeks as the purchaser may specify. If the work is not completed within such reasonable extended period the purchaser may cancel the uncompleted work covered by the contract by the services of written notice by recorded delivery to that effect on the company. Notwithstanding the foregoing. (a) the company shall not be liable for any delay in the completion of the work which arises from cause beyond the reasonable control of the company and in the event that time has been of the essence of the contract time shall not run during any period which delay on that account is operating and. (b) cancellation of any uncompleted work shall be without prejudice of the purchasers ability to pay for such part as shall have been completed.
(12)The company accepts no liability in respects of the following.
(a) Damage due to accident, storm, flood, neglect, misuse, faults, or premature deterioration which results from the purchaser’s failure to comply with the company maintenance instructions printed on the reverse of the company warranty.
(b) The failure of the installation to reduce or eliminate condensation (c) discoloration of acrylic or polycarbonate translucent roofing material due to biological or atmospheric conditions.(d) damage resulting from subsidence due to soil shrinkage, underground or mine workings. (e) Minor defects to plasterwork and brickwork due to settlement (f) damage to the unit attributable to the failure of foundations or structure where these have not been constructed by the company (g) discoloration or frost damage to the brickwork
(13) The balance payable on the completion shall be paid to the company upon delivery or the installation or upon the fixing of the installation being completed where fixing is part of the contract payment shall be ways of cash or cheque payable to Property Improvement Centre Ltd crossed A/C payee only. If payment is not made on the date in accordance within the condition, the company shall have the right to require payment of interest at a rate of 2% per month from the due date until the date of actual payment. Any variation in the applicable rate of VAT after the date of the order overleaf will be passed to the purchaser
(14) These terms and conditions shall not be construed so as to affect the statutory or common law rights of the purchaser
(15) The product supplied to the customer shall remain the property of the company until payment has been made in full
(16) Final payment of the conversion shall not be effected by the availability or delivery date of any special or free offer
(17) Payment is not subject to a local authority completion certificate as this time scale is not under the control of Property Improvement Centre Ltd
(18) Any works valued over £5,000 will fall onto a stage payment plan 15% deposit of job value / 50% remaining at water and tight stage & balance at completion.
(19) all pictures on our website are for referance guide only and nor give credit to us as local builder for its works - public domain only
Acceptance of the contract constitutes agreement to these general terms and conditions